Care of cultivated plants in the garden plot is not limited to planting and harvesting. The main thing - timely watering, protection from diseases and plant nutrition to grow and increase yields. Tomatoes, as well as other crops, are very sensitive to fertilizers and respond with abundant flowering, an increase in the ovaries and rich fruit bearing. One of the unique supplements is boric acid. It not only provides tomatoes with such an indispensable trace element as boron, but also effectively fights against late blight of tomatoes during spraying.
What is the treatment of tomatoes with boric acid?
For normal development and optimal fruiting plants need a lot of nutrients. The uniqueness of boron is that it helps to take from the soil all necessary micro and macro elements.
Boric acid is a white crystalline powder, tasteless and odor, easily soluble in warm water. Boron is part of many ready-made fertilizers, primarily used for seedlings, as it helps to improve its nutrition, more complete absorption of nutritious organic and mineral substances from the soil, thereby creating a good base for further development of plants.Boric acid - white crystalline powder, tasteless and odorless
Vegetables and fruit crops absorb much more boron than, for example, cereals. Therefore, it is successfully used to process or feed cucumbers, potatoes, beets, strawberries, grapes, pears and apple treesin greenhouse and open field.
Boric acid is very effective in the fight against late blight, Besides:
- actively affects flowering plants, enhancing it;
- promotes the formation of ovaries and prevents them from shedding;
- prevents rotting of tomatoes with excess moisture;
- increases the flow of sugar to the fruit, seeds.
Feeding boron is especially useful for tomatoes, it is carried out in two ways:
- foliar spraying ground part tomatoes with boric acid solution;
- watering the bushes with a solution under the root (for tomatoes and cucumbers).
Spraying has a better effect on tomato plants: it stimulates the growth of the root system and stems, improves metabolic processes, the synthesis of useful substances, increases the level of chlorophyll. All this makes the plant more robust and resistant to various diseases.Boric acid is especially useful home-grown tomato
Especially useful is such top dressing for home grown tomatoes - in flower pots or on the balcony, as they are more weakened than the soil relatives, requires enhanced nutrition.
When spend feeding
Over the entire growing season, fertilizing is carried out several times. Even before sowing, seeds are soaked in a nutrient solution for a day. To do this, 0.2 g of powder must be diluted in 1 liter of very warm water - 50-55 degrees (in cooler water, boric acid powder dissolves for a long time and not completely). Seeds are put into the solution in a gauze bag so that they do not float to the surface.
This seed treatment is significantly increases their germination, strengthens seedlings, contributing to a more complete intake of nutrients, protects against disease, even with high humidity.
Subsequent spraying spend 3 more times:
- during bud formation;
- in the period of mass flowering;
- in the beginning of fruiting.
Between feedings should pass at least ten days. If the plants have responded well to the first treatment, it is advisable to carry out the subsequent ones, and if not, it is better to refuse and not water this type of fertilizer.
Ready solution for spraying (see the preparation recipe below) should be sprayed from the spray gun directly onto the leaves, stems, buds, flowers and fruits of tomatoes. Such a top dressing much more efficientthan watering at the root, as it provides rapid absorption of boron by the plant. The result is noticeable already literally on the second or third day after treatment.
Such a simple and cheap way will help to gather a rich harvest of tasty sweet tomatoes and improve their keeping quality, which is very important for preserving the harvest.
Signs of a shortage of boron in a tomato
By the appearance of the plants, it is easy to determine that they lack boron:
- upper (but not lower) leaves of bushes turn yellow, twist, become small, deform;
- apical shoots gradually die off, as nutrients do not enter the plants;
- Tomato bushes bloom very poorly, the ovaries do not form, a large number of hollow flowers, small ovaries fall.
Useful properties of boric acid for tomatoes
Tomato - one of the most popular fruits in the garden or garden plot. The use of boric acid for their nutrition and cultivation is difficult to overestimate. It can be said that the future crop of tomatoes depends largely on boric acid, because it positively influences the whole vegetation process plants:
- strengthens, nourishes seedlings;
- activates flowering;
- increases the number of ovaries;
- prevents fruit from rotting;
- promotes the transportation of sugar along the stalks, increasing the sugar content of fruits.
Instructions for the preparation of the solution for spraying
To prepare the solution, it is necessary to observe some subtleties and follow the instructions for use and use. Boric acid powder (approximately 0.5 tsp without top) diluted in a glass of hot water to dissolve it quickly and completely, then add it to 10 liters of water, stir, and sprinkle tomatoes with this ready solution.Depending on the purpose of treatment, different concentrations of the solution are used.
Depending on the purpose of the treatment, different proportions are used:
- To prevent shedding the ovaries, 1g of boric acid is dissolved in 1l of hot water. After cooling the solution, the tomatoes are sprayed with a spray.
- To combat late blight Add 1 teaspoon of powder to a bucket of warm water. and process the plants. To achieve the best result, it is recommended to spray tomatoes a week with a weak solution of potassium permanganate, and a week after boron treatment with a weak solution of iodine.
Boric acid tomato planting is the most effective and cheapest way to produce a healthy and abundant crop. The main thing - do not overdo it, strictly observe the proportions, and the excellent result will delight you.