Magnesium sulphate is widely used in agriculture as a high-quality effective fertilizer. The composition contains very important for the growth of garden and ornamental crops: oxides, copper, sulfur and other trace elements. Inorganic substance is known by other names - magnesium sulfate, magnesia, British salt.
Signs of magnesium deficiency in plants
The lack of this element is more common on sandy soils. The main symptom of a lack of substance is weak growth, with different cultures it manifests itself in different ways.
- In an apple tree this moment is called magnesium starvation. Symptoms are similar to the lack of iron, the apple leaves begin to turn yellow. Gradually leaves frown, become arcuate with ragged edges. First, magnesium starvation appears on old leaves, and later on young ones.
- On stone trees, a lack of sulphate causes premature yellowing, shedding of leaves. In pears, the leaves become black putrid. Currant bushes are deformed, begin to bend downwards.
- The lack of an element in strawberries or strawberries can be determined by the state of the leaves. Appear yellow streaks on the leaves, they may turn red later. If in time it does not notice the leaves of berry crops dry up.
- Plants observed growth delay. Formed small buds, undeveloped fruit. The aboveground part of the plants suffers greatly, as the lower leaves turn yellow.
What does magnesium give to plants?
An important trace element, is involved in the growth of vegetable and fruit crops. Due to the lack of an inorganic element, the root system suffers. In addition to magnesium, it is necessary to remember about potassium, these substances complement each other well.
Deficiency adversely affects the yield (fruits shrink or fall off). Magnesium is main source of energy, its wealth launches important plant life processes.
If the nutritional composition is too small, the growth of the root system is inhibited. Roots lose the ability to get moisture from the deep layers of the soil, which is especially dangerous in dry summer.
The apparent lack of useful composition appears after 10-15 days. The deficiency of the substance is found on the lower leaves - this happens because the content of this trace element is reduced inside.
In the presence of magnesium deficiency is strongest root system suffers plants.
The composition and purpose of fertilizer magnesium sulfate
The main components are sulfur and magnesium, they take an active part in photosynthesis plants, without this process, culture cannot develop. Therefore, the role of these components is very important. Comprehensive feeding, an indispensable drug for a successful crop. Thanks to its use it is possible to achieve a significant increase in yield.Magnesium is involved in plant photosynthesis.
- produced by the appearance of small crystals;
- the color of crystals is white, sometimes grayish;
- crystals completely dissolve in water;
- powder requires protection from direct sunlight;
- The shelf life of the magnesium-containing substance is not limited.
Impossible to overdose, as the plant in the process of growth takes magnesium as much as needed. Its surplus improves the quality of the soil, contributes to high yields.
Mechanism of action
This amazing element is involved in the process of photosynthesis. The role of magnesium in plant life is very important accumulating in the embryo, it provides enhanced growth, affects the maturation of the fetus. Magnesium also acts as a catalyst.
Due to its content, proper absorption of phosphorus and calcium by vegetable and fruit crops is carried out. Simply put, fertilizer provides the plant with the necessary influx of important substances. In the process of such a mechanism, growth is accelerated, the quality of the crop and the taste of the fruit are improved.Magnesium sulphate powder for dilution with water
Advantages and disadvantages compared with other means
This fertilizer is successfully used on many farms and garden plots. Experienced gardeners have noted the following benefits:
- useful substance additionally contains sulfur;
- increases efficiency the use of nitrogen fertilizers;
- the element has a fairly rich spectrum of use;
- by your action neutralizes toxic impurities urea biurets;
- combined with other fertilizers that contain nitrogen, phosphorus;
- can be used for feeding almost all cultures.
Among the shortcomings can be identified just one point - an overabundance prevents plants from assimilating calcium, potassium, manganese. This trouble can be avoided if the proportions of fertilization are correctly observed.
Instructions for use
Sulfur-magnesium dressing contribute rationed, according to the instructions, the ratio of fertilizer depends on the composition of the soil, geographic location and type of plants. Feeding is carried out during the growing season. 2 times a month. Dilute better in warm water.
- for presowing treatment take 10 grams of substance per square meter;
- for root dressing 30 grams of powder and 10 liters of water;
- for spraying the leaves on the same amount of water will need 15 grams;
- when planting seedlings of fruit trees at the root of 30 grams;
- for berry bushes, it will be enough to put 20-25 grams under the root.
When fertilizing root crops after the main application of magnesium, the soil must be loosen up. Observing the application rate, you can avoid an overabundance in the soil of this substance.
Security measures when working with the tool
During the work with any agrochemical substance it is necessary to observe safety measures. Use gloves, gently prepare the solution, avoid contact with eyes. Wash hands thoroughly after handling. Use a respirator during spraying. No smoking.
Compatibility with other drugs
Combination with other fertilizers has a positive effect. Fertilizer is easily absorbed by the root system and improves the chemical composition of the plant.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Storage should be protected from access by children and animals. The shelf life of the substance is not limited.
The use of magnesium sulfate fertilizer is a very important moment in the care of vegetable, fruit and berry plants and flowering plants. Due to the depletion of the soil, its qualitative composition is deteriorating; therefore, any kind of agricultural activity requires additional feedings. Thanks to this approach, you can get a good harvest every season!